Getting the Best from Your Crisper Carpet
- Never put wet produce in refrigerator crisper drawers.
- Remove produce from plastic bags and place directly on Crisper Carpet™.
- Cut small slits in prepackaged food such as lettuce or salad mixes, or remove them from plastic bags and place in vented containers.
- When using vented containers, for best results, rotate the container periodically to allow air to circulate around all sides.
- If possible, place fresh fruit and vegetables in separate crisper drawers. Fruits spoil faster than vegetables!
- Refrain from overstocking refrigerator crisper drawers.
- Refrain from washing berries until ready for consumption.
- Placing fruits and vegetables directly on Crisper Carpet™ will prevent bruising from occurring.
- Keep refrigerator clean.
- Make sure to fill out the replacement reminder magnet.
What goes in and what stays out:
WHAT GOES IN (THE REFRIGERATOR)
- Almost all vegetables and herbs.
- Apples, berries, cherries, grapes, kiwi, lemons, and oranges.
- Melons, nectarines, apricots, peaches, plums, and pears.
WHAT STAYS OUT (STORED IN A COOL PLACE)
- Potatoes and Onions.
- Winter Squash (once cut transfer to refrigerator)
- Avocados (once ripened place in refrigerator). If you want to slow ripening, put in refrigerator first, remove a day or two prior to use and they will soften up.
- Tomatoes (once ripened place in refrigerator) If you want to slow ripening, follow the same directions as for avocados.